Senior DevOps Engineer
Website FriendFinder Networks
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK PACIFIC STANDARD TIME HOURS/SCHEDULE
WHAT WE WANT
FriendFinder Networks is looking for a Senior DevOps engineer who will work with cross functional teams to evangelize and train team members on best practices for CI/CD, and design, develop, build, and deploy Continuous Delivery frameworks, tools, and scripts for deploying and configuring web applications that are highly scalable and reliable. If you are passionate about CI/CD automation, rapid and reliable delivery of new software products and features to customers, and love fun working environments, join us to ensure we continue to provide new users and tens of millions of our existing customers the best possible user experience on our web sites 24 hours a day, every day of the year, all over the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Configure, secure, tune, and maintain large Kubernetes clusters, and 3rd party engines such as caches, databases, message buses, load balancers, etc.
- Establish and maintain processes that enable CI/CD for our software. Deploy our web applications to Kubernetes with minimal disruptions. Create dashboards and KPIs that provide visibility into continuous delivery flow for all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain monitoring/alerting processes and tools to detect, notify, and respond to any service disruptions.
- Educate team members on the CI/CD tools and processes, and help them evolve software components that conform to the continuous delivery flow.
- Collaborate with other members of agile teams to design and automate software deployment and configuration as part of a sprint cycle.
- Design and implement automated deployment flows from Dev to QA/Integration to Production.
- Install and configure environments for cross-team deployments, and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues that occur outside of the regular release cycle.
- Analyze production errors to define and create tools that mitigate problems in the system design stage.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience developing CI/CD flows and scripts
- Good knowledge of deployment containers and orchestration tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Good knowledge of code deployment tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- Good knowledge of automation execution tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo, etc
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to software build automation
- Familiarity with an agile development process.
- You must be at least 21 years old or older
- You must be comfortable with adult content
WHAT IS PREFERRED
- Hands-on experience in delivering CI/CD as part of an agile scrum team
- Hands-on experience in delivering CI/CD for a large web application software product
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Have a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player, positive attitude and flexible
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: No direct reports
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org